jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2009

New Security Measures for Facebook

The new security measures for Facebook were implemented with the purpose of providing a safer and more reliable way of communication. From articles that I have read, it appears that most of your personal information gets shown to all your friends, even to those that you don’t know at all. I personally hate these new measures, because I am not willing to show all my personal data to the rest of the world. Articles say that Facebook is using these measures to mask the real goal, which is to bring to light one’s own info. People are not stupid, so I think that there will be no change in the usage, other than being more cautious with what to show or not.

People must decide if what they are going to post is appropriate or not. Mainly people will just laugh or comment it, but others might take it the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with publishing videos and quotations of other people, because sooner or later they will know about it. They might not know it is up the first days, but after some time they will. The reaction that I would expect from ASPV is they will ask the person who published it to erase it. There should be no consequences for the person who post it, because I am sure he had no bad intentions.

1 comentario: